Monday, February 7, 2011

A change in lifestyle

I am a fan of watching the biggest loser, along with some other shows, but for some reason this season has gotten to me more than the past ones. One thing they always say is that losing weight isn't just about diet and exercising, its a "lifestyle change." I've heard it, but I've never listened to it before. Since giving birth, I have definitely gained a little bit of weight... But i always had excuses... "im pregnat"... "oh i just had a baby".... "oh i just deserve to treat myself"... but now im out of excuses ha ha. SOOO Brad and i have decided its not that we are eating too much sugary treats, we just eat too much. So instead of going back for second helpings i ask myself "Am i really still hungry or does it taste so darn good that I want more?" A lot of the time, its just that i want more. So now I only eat smaller helpings and stop when im not hungary, NOT when Im so full I dont want to move. Simply by doing that and adding more veggies to my diet, Brad said I already look a little smaller around my waist! :) and it has only been 2 weeks! So Im not calling it a diet cuz its not... Its my new lifestyle!

1 comment:

  1. A saying that always keeps me focused is "am i eating to live" or "living to eat"

    ReplyDelete